Rachael Allen is a mad scientist by day and YA writer by night. She lives in Atlanta, GA with her husband, two children, and dire wolf. She loves homemade peach ice cream, having adventures all over the world, and stories that make her feel like she's been poured inside another person.
More stuff about me:
- I love reading and writing YA.
- I'm represented by the fabulous Susan Hawk of The Bent Agency.
- Laurie Halse Anderson recently gave me writerly advice on a post-it, and it was the culmination of my being.
- I'm obsessed with football. Playing flag football, watching pro football (Falcons Rise Up!), being a belligerent Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets fan, and playing fantasy football with my family.
- I have held a human brain. (It was during anatomy lab. I'm not, like, a serial killer.)
- I'm such a wuss, I get scared watching the previews for horror movies. Seriously, when a scary commercial comes on, I squeal and frantically jab the fast forward button on our DVR remote.
- I love reading about strong female protagonists, fully imagined worlds, rebellion against the establishment, people who aren't like me, and makeover montages - though probably not all in the same book.
- Some writers I love: Laini Taylor, Emery Lord, Nic Stone, Becky Albertalli, Julie Murphy, Sarah Lemon, Sarah Ockler, Sarah Dessen (basically, if your name is Sarah, you've got a fighting chance), Adam Silvera, Jaye Robin Brown, Laurie Halse Anderson, Libba Bray, E. Lockhart, Kody Keplinger, Lauren Myracle, Stephanie Perkins, Rainbow Rowell, I could go on forever.