Zombie Tag by Hannah Moskowitz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
10 Things I Love About Zombie Tag:
1) The cover fits perfectly.
2) It comes with its own game. (And the game is AWESOME. I mean, hi, you can buy your kid, ahem, or yourself, not just a book but untold hours of zombie tagging enjoyment.)
3) The humor. (Example: "It's five miles. Anthony should really get his stories peer-reviewed or something." )
4) The voice. It is pitch perfect middle grade boy. <3 Wil.
5) The twist. It completely blindsided me, but also made total sense looking back.
6) The friendship dynamics. I could picture Wil's friend circle so vividly, and it gave me kind of a Super 8 vibe which I loved. Loved Anthony. Loved Eben. And most especially loved...
7) Stella. She is so awesome she gets #7 all to herself. She's spunky and brave and fun. I love that she's the girl in the group full of boys (that was so me growing up!).
8) The parallels between being a zombie and being an adult.
9) The brother relationship. This was particularly impressive since Graham is either dead or a zombie for most of the book.
Crits: I got nothing. And I really like to include at least one with each review, so I can feel like I've been fair and balanced, but this time I don't have any, so enjoy the happy :) AND GO READ THIS BOOK! And then share it with the coolest middle grader you know.
View all my reviews